Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Am I the only one who didn't like Batman?

Batman, the Dark Knight, has opened to critical aclaim, and many fans have viewed it multiple times. How? Why? I didn't like it and had to force myself to stay awake. Admittedly, I was tired, but even so, the movie lasted forever. And I liked Heath Ledger, I was very sad to hear of his death. It was a little creepy for me to see him in last performance in his joker make-up, fitting perhaps, but I'm not big on creepy, I'm more of A Knight's Tale kind of gal.

I finally found a review that expresses my reaction in salon.com: Batman Review. I found the plotline of the Dark Knight difficult to follow, after reading Stephanie Zacharek's review I can better blame Chris Nolan. The highlights for me were the performances of Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman, and Heath Ledger did a phenomonal job. There were not enough scenes with the Joker and Batman in them together. And Harvey Two-Faced seemed thrown in at the end, and he died too quickly. I thought he had a longer life-span as a villan. I'm going to see Mamma Mia tonight, hopefully that will meet my campy ABBA expectations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where art thou? Waiting for your new post.....

sciencebird said...

I am back, and I will publish more often, here, and maybe elsewhere...